Thursday, September 29, 2011

Review and Rave: Boots No7 Intelligent Balance Mousse Foundation (Found at Target)



Hi friends!
This is a review/rave on the Boots No7 Intelligent Balance Mousse Foundation.  I am in the shade almond 30.  The price is $13.99 and you can purchase it from Target, Drugstore.com, Boots and Amazon.com.  This is a mousse foundation, but unlike the Dream Matte Mouse (aka DMM) from Maybelline, it is very easy to work with and blend.  I feel like DMM would clump up into little balls and it made it difficult to use.  This No7 foundation is also a creamier and denser mousse.  It gives full coverage, but can easily be used for a very light application of coverage for your “no makeup” makeup days.  It also feels very light on the skin as if I am not wearing anything at all.  This would be a great foundation for people with oily skin, but I recommend it for all skin types.  It did not leave me overly matte like I thought DMM did.  It is a matte foundation so it does not have a single shimmer in it.  It leaves my face free from shine, but also glowing in a way.  I can’t really describe that part in a way that would make total sense.  It just makes my skin look really beautiful and glowing.  It lasts 12 hours plus for me.  I used this when I was on a cleaning rampage and I was sweating like no other.  It lasted through this and my face was still as matte as I wanted it to be.  I have been setting this with Laura Geller Balance and Brighten, but it is also good to go on its own because it sets to a velvet finish.  I am just a slave to habit so I throw on powder over top of it.  One thing I do notice is that I have had really dry patches because I am using benzoyl peroxide on my face at night to help my acne.  If I have a flaky dry patch it can exasperate it when first applied and it looks a bit icky, but once it settles that goes away.  I use this foundation with Philosophy’s The Present Primer (link below).  Together these are long lasting and beautiful.  To me this is a high end foundation at a drug store cost.  I own Makeup Forever HD, MUFE Mat Velvet, Laura Mercier Silk Cream, Nars Sheer Glow, etc. and yet I have still been reaching for this!  I could not be happier about this foundation and I highly recommend you checking it out.  Target has a great return policy so you can’t really go wrong.  Please see a list of pros and cons below and check out my video review on my Youtube channel.  I hope this helped!  Have a great day! Xo

PROS:
  • Long lasting
  • Matte finish
  • Leaves skin looking bright and glowing
  • Flawless full coverage, but can be sheered out
  • Feels light
  • Does not need to be set with powder (sets to velvet finish)
  • Inexpensive
  • High quality packaging
  • A little goes a long way
  • Easy to blend
  • Does not settle into fine lines
  • Minimizes pores
  • Great for all skin types especially oily

CONS:
  • Not a large shade range
  • Can exasperate flaky dry skin at first
  • Not easily accessible for people outside of the U.S. (but definitely available)

My Video Review on the No7 Intelligent Balance Mousse Foundation

Review and Information on Philosophy's The Present Primer


More reviews on Makeupalley.com-



No comments:

Post a Comment